3 Aralık 2010 Cuma

bridge as a metaphor + a moment of Borges

"A bridge is a meeting place . . . a possibility, a metaphor."
Jeanette Winterson (The Passion)

"... characters are not born like people, of woman; they are born of a situation, a sentence, a metaphor containing in a nutshell a basic human possibility that the author thinks no one else has discovered or said something essential about."
Milan Kundera

i am currently in the animation workshop. editing the sound recordings. finding it a bit difficult to focus today. so then, it feels just right not to fıcus and do the opposite surf through words i like to read. surf among texts videos ubu sounds maybe. walk up and down. make draings that u are not going to use in the animation. drawings pointless, unfunctional. disfunctional moments prove to be very productive actually. sometimes. they open up some channels so that the air can go out and in and out and in and out.

the sound recording is 22 minutes. how to cut it down to 2 minutes. edit edit edit.

so there we go with some scattering, just massage for the literary part of the brain.

hmm and today i had again a bizarre dream. a huge dragon, and a huge sea-gull. the dragon is a costume that somebody is wearing. but the sea-gull is really a huge sea-gull. so huge that my eyes can only perceive half of the body and the feet. cannot see the head clearly. the sea-gull has arrived to save the people from the dragon. but the dragon already looks very funny. the sea-gull shifts the scale of the dream.

also i see the same house again. this time they are telling me that they are renovating the part of the house that is not used. i have dreamed of this house so many times. but this time in this dream i am thinking of the house. i find myself thinking of the house. i have a mind-map of this flat. a strange feeling. in the dream i am on the phone; the voice tells me they are painting and renovating this part of the flat. i am happy.

"The mind was dreaming. The world was its dream."
Jorge Luis Borges

"I can give you my loneliness, my darkness, the hunger of my heart, I am trying to bribe you with uncertainty, with danger, with defeat."

"Being with you and not being with you is the only way I have to measure time."
Jorge Luis Borges

this one's for ORANE:
"Truly fine poetry must be read aloud. A good poem does not allow itself to be read in a low voice or silently. If we can read it silently, it is not a valid poem: a poem demands pronunciation. Poetry always remembers that it was an oral art before it was a written art. It remembers that it was first song."
Jorge Luis Borges

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited."
Jorge Luis Borges

"In a way, her strangeness, her naiveté, her craving for the other half of her equation was the consequence of an idle imagination. Had she paints, or clay, or knew the discipline of the dance, or strings, had she anything to engage her tremendous curiosity and her gift for metaphor, she might have exchanged the restlessness and preoccupation with whim for an activity that provided her with all she yearned for. And like an artist with no art form, she became dangerous."
Toni Morrison (Sula)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder